Locke has announced a rapid expansion with its first international sites slated to open over the next two years in Germany, Ireland, and Portugal. Locke has opened four UK properties in the past four years in London, Manchester, and Edinburgh. The brand—which offers another way to travel by blending the traditional aparthotel format with the design, F&B, and programming of a boutique lifestyle hotel—now announces further openings in Dublin, Berlin, Lisbon, Munich, London, Cambridge, and Copenhagen.
Public spaces features an array of experiences ranging from flexible co-working spaces, destination dining, artisan grocer, yoga studio, rooftop cocktail bar, a locally inspired cultural program, and a team “House Hosts” to advise guests. Taking a tailored approach to each site, the brand will work with a roster of renowned and up-and-coming designers and architects, chosen to fit a site-specific brief. Working with F&B partners, each new Locke site is intended to welcome and engage local audiences and visitors alike.
Locke’s upcoming opening timeline includes:
- Bermonds Locke, Tower Bridge, London, Fall 2020
- Zanzibar Locke, Ha’penny Bridge, Dublin, Late 2020
- Kingsland Locke, Dalston, London, Late 2020
- Asam Locke, Ludwigsvorstadt, Munich, Early 2021
- Wunderlocke, Sendling, Munich, Early 2021
- Beckett Locke, North Docks, Dublin, Early 2021
- Locke at East Side Gallery, Berlin, 2021
- Locke, North West Cambridge, Cambridge, 2021
- Leman Annex, Aldgate, London, 2021
- Locke de Convento, Avenida de Liberdade, Lisbon, 2022
- Locke, Postbyen, Copenhagen, 2022
Photo: Wunderlocke, Munich, Germany. Designed by Holloway Li.