Hyatt Hotels Corporation is set to further global growth of its independent collection brands, including recent openings and development plans through 2025 across the Unbound Collection by Hyatt, Destination by Hyatt and JdV by Hyatt brands.
Planned new hotel openings in 2021 across Hyatt’s independent collection of brands include properties in key markets across the globe, notably the first JdV by Hyatt hotels in Canada and Sweden, as well as:
- Hôtel du Palais Biarritz (shown), a part of the Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Biarritz, France) is the only hotel classified as a palace on France’s Atlantic Coast. It will soon emerge from a restoration to further enhance the majesty and elegance of this hotel while preserving the spirit of its 19th century design and architecture. After completing the final phase of its renovation, the hotel plans to resume operations again in summer 2022.
- Mission Pacific Hotel, a JdV by Hyatt hotel & the Seabird Resort, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (Oceanside, California) are both set to open in spring 2021. The two adjacent hotels will have distinctly different personalities and comprise the newest and largest oceanfront resort development in San Diego County constructed in more than half a century, collectively spanning 700 feet of beachfront property.
- The Shay, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (Culver City, California) is a 148-room boutique hotel at the new Ivy Station development. It is slated to open in summer 2021. Ivy Station will offer thoughtfully curated shops, unique dining, as well as a variety of high-end wellness amenities.
- Commune by the Great Wall, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Beijing, China) is currently undergoing an extensive renovation and is expected to welcome guests in April 2021. Comprised of 175 guestrooms including 36 villas, the project is an exclusive collection of contemporary architecture designed by 12 renowned Asian architects. Located in a picturesque valley amid lush mountains in rural Beijing, the hotel is connected by a private path to an unrestored section of the Great Wall, offering guests a unique experience at one of China’s most celebrated UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Additional properties expected to open or join Hyatt in 2021 include:
- Banyan Cay Resort and Golf, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (West Palm Beach, Florida)
- A hotel in Jingdezhen, China, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Jingdezhen, China)
- The Langbo Chengdu, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Chengdu, China)
- El Capitan Hotel, a JdV by Hyatt hotel (Merced, California)
- Story Hotel Riddargatan, a JdV by Hyatt hotel (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Story Hotel Signalfabriken, a JdV by Hyatt hotel (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Story Hotel Studio Malmö, a JdV by Hyatt hotel (Malmö, Sweden)
- The Anndore House, a JdV by Hyatt hotel (Toronto)
- The Walper, a JdV by Hyatt hotel (Toronto)
- The Sweetgrass Inn at Wild Dunes, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (Isle of Palms, South Carolina)
- A hotel in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
Photo: Courtesy of Hyatt Hotels Corporation