Lifestyle brand to nearly double by 2019
Hyatt Hotels Corp. has unveiled significant growth plans for Hyatt Centric, with plans to open at least a dozen hotels in both U.S. and international markets bearing that lifestyle brand by the end of 2019. That would nearly double the existing portfolio of Hyatt Centric, which currently consists of 14 locales and is one of three buzz-worthy new brands profiled in the current edition of Boutique Design.
The following hotels are expected to join the Hyatt Centric lineup:
*Hyatt Centric La Rosière, France (opening later this year)
* Hyatt Centric Istanbul (currently operating as Hotel Levent; expected to rebrand later this year)
* Hyatt Centric Ginza, Tokyo (2018)
* Hyatt Centric Doha, Qatar (2018)
* Hyatt Centric Mountain View, California (2018)
* Hyatt Centric Boston (2018)
* Hyatt Centric Hobart, Australia (2019)
* Hyatt Centric Barbados (2019)
* Hyatt Centric New York 39th Street (2019)
* Hyatt Centric Fort Lauderdale, Florida (2019)
* Hyatt Centric Boao Gold Coast, China (opening date not specified)
* Hyatt Centric Sanya Yazhou Bay, China (opening date not specified)
“We know our Hyatt Centric guests are eager to explore the world’s best destinations and be in the middle of the action,” said Sandra Cordova Micek, senior vice president, global brands for Hyatt. “Each of these new hotels will deliver on that desire, serving as launch pads for exploration in cities around the world.”
Recent openings by the brand include the Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach and transitions of existing Hyatt locales to the brand in Arlington, Virginia, and Chicago.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.