Panel to select winners in hospitality design competition
Hospitality Media Group (HMG) has announced the high-profile judging panel for this year’s Gold Key Awards for Excellence in Hospitality Design. These hospitality industry experts will determine the competition’s winners and finalists in 21 categories. Now in its 36th year, the Gold Key Awards recognize the most influential and innovative design work in hospitality.
This year’s judges are:
* Edwin Hendriksen, senior vice president development & investments - North America, citizenM Hotels
* Lori Horvath, senior vice president, Jones Lang LaSalle
* John McMullen, senior vice president of construction, Highgate Hotels
* Michael Medzigian, chairman and managing partner, Watermark Capital Partners LLC
* Jagruti Panwala, president/ceo, Wealth Protection Strategies, and AAHOA secretary 2016-2017/AAHOA female director at large eastern region
* Dane Patunoff, director, development & construction, KHP Capital Partners
* Jay Pecotte, senior director, project development, hotels & casinos - Americas, Hard Rock International
*Thomas Prins, managing director and principal, Benchmark
* Larry Traxler, senior vice president – global design, Hilton Worldwide
The awards ceremony will take place Nov. 14 at the Waldorf Astoria New York in conjunction with Boutique Design New York (BDNY) and HX: The Hotel Experience, at which time winners and finalists in each category and the Designer of the Year will be recognized. The honored projects and designers will be profiled in the December edition of Boutique Design. (Profiles of last year’s Gold Key award winners and finalists can be seen in the magazine’s December 2015 issue.)
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.